Click to view full-size image.
The I.U.O.E. Local 98 Engineers Joint Training, Retraining Skill Improvement, Safety Education Apprenticeship & Training Fund School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
You may come to the East Longmeadow office and fill out an application for the Apprenticeship Program the next time it is open. Feel free to call our office to be put on the list to be notified for the next Apprenticeship Program. Unfortunately, we are not permitted to mail out applications to be filled out, it must be done in person, at our office.
Once all of the applications are in, we will then schedule a testing session for each of the applicants. The test is a standardized test consisting of Reading Comprehension, Mathematics, and Skills Aptitude sections. This is a general knowledge assessment test.
After the testing phase of the process is completed, we will ask the applicants to come back one more time to interview with the trustees. This is your chance to really tell them why you should be chosen for this program.
The entire process takes about 2 months and the economy does influence how many individuals we can take in at each program opening.
If you wish to join the Local 98 Apprenticeship and Training Program you must meet the following requirements. You must be/ have
- High School graduate, graduate equivalency diploma or a High School senior graduating in the current school year or someone obtaining a GED after one year in the apprentice program
- 17 years of age at time of application for high school seniors only – Must be 18 years old to be registered as an apprentice
- Physically capable of performing the work of the trade
- Successfully complete application and testing process
- Valid driver’s license
- Residency within the jurisdiction of Local 98
- Upon acceptance must pass physical in order to obtain DOT/CDL license requirements and must pass Drug Test which will both be paid for by th JAC
- You must bring the following documentation with you at time of application:
- Employment history with contact information (current & previous 2)
- Personal references
- Proof of employment eligibility
- U.S. Passport
- U.S. Social Security card issued by the Social Security Administration
- Certification of birth abroad issued by the Department of State
- Original or certified copy of a birth certificate issued by a State, County, Municipal Authority, or outlying possession of the United States bearing an official seal
- A Native American tribal document
- U.S. Citizen I.D. card
- I.D. card for use of resident citizen in the United States; or
- Unexpired employment authorization document issued by the Department of Homeland Security
- Driver’s License
- Equivalency Diploma, GED Scores, or High School Transcript
The International Union of Operating Engineers Local 98 is mandated by the state of Massachusetts pertaining to the application process of our Apprenticeship Program.
If you wish to apply for this program you must call the East Longmeadow office at 413-525-4291 and leave your name and current address.
If you have any questions call David Kazimierczak at the Training Site in Sunderland, MA at 413-548-9508 or email David Kazimierczak at: email@example.com.